How we helped one of the largest builders /developers in India save millions by using BIM (Revit) technology?
The developer was constructing a mall & duplex of area 1.2 million sq. ft. (111525 sq.mt.).
The developer had appointed a contractor for the R. C. C construction work. The contractor used to produce the bill after each month as the work progressed. The developer asked us to find a foolproof method to check the bills.
- We got detail architectural & R. C. C. (structural) design drawings.
- Also received the contractors bills.
- After studying those drawings & the contractors bills, constructed the 3D model using Revit.
- Drew detail quantities (quantity takeoffs) of concrete & steel from the model; then compared it with the contractors bills. The discrepancies were pointed out to the contractor. Got the bill rectified accordingly.
- We could point out the “repetitive quantities” which the contractor was claiming.
- We also point out the discrepancies using the 3D model .
- All this we could do without actual site visit.
- The 3d model which we created using BIM technology (Revit) gives accurate concrete & steel quantities (quantity takeoffs).
- The Revit software gives accurate number of rebars, their cut lengths, weight etc.
- The Revit software could be useful for auditing & as well as project management purpose.
After 10th Bill
After 20th Bill
After 30th Bill
After 40th Bill
After 50th Bill
Mall & Multiplex
The structure consists of a mall & a multiplex. It has got two levels for parking below the podium level. There are eight floors above the podium level. The total area of the building is about 81,785 SqM (880,000 Sqft) which includes parking area.
The model was constructed using Revit. The main aim of the project was to detect clashes between different building objects prior to the actual construction. The other aim was to check the contractors bills related with RCC work.
The total steel & concrete required for the project was :
- Steel – 4750 Tonnes
- Concrete – 31000 CuM.